Motocaddy M5 GPS Electric Cart – 18 Hole Lithium Battery
A fully integrated GPS unit built into the handle with over 40,000 pre loaded courses with Front, Middle and Back of greens and hazards in a full colour Touch Screen display. Clock, Round timer and Score tracking, plus the par and stroke index of each hole, shot distance measurement, automatic hole advancement and a battery meter.
Offering the potential to save lives, the trolley can also indicate the availability and location of on-course AEDs and provide golfers with CPR instructions to administer to anyone suffering a cardiac arrest. This brand new feature has been backed by over 700 golf clubs across the UK.
The M5 GPS can also be connected via Bluetooth to the free Motocaddy GPS app to offer a wide-range of smartphone notifications including missed calls, texts, emails and range of app alerts
- World’s first touchscreen enabled trolley
- High resolution 3.5” LCD touchscreen display
- Fully integrated, high-performance GPS
- 40,000 pre‑loaded courses ‑ no subscription
- Distances to front, middle & back of green, plus hazards
- Smartphone alerts (missed calls, texts, emails & apps)*
- Score tracking & Shot distance measurement
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) locator & CPR instructions (UK only)
- WiFi powered, Over‑the‑Air updates**
- Simple, compact-folding system
- SlimFold car boot friendly design – fits into the smallest car boots
- Next generation, High Power 28.8V system
- Nine speed settings, Speed indicator & Battery meter
- Clock & Round timer
- Adjustable Distance Control (up to 60 yards/metres)
- USB charging port
- Super‑lightweight, waterproof Lithium battery – IP66 water & dust rating
- On board charging ‑ no need to remove battery for storage & transportation
- Oversize tubing for ultimate handle stability
- Convenient auto-open stand
- Simple, fully-adjustable handle height
- Powerful, whisper-quiet 230W motor
- EASILOCK™ compatible
|DIMENSIONS:||650mm (L) x 470mm (W) x 410mm (H)|
|WARRANTY LENGTH:||24 months|
Battery Charging Advice
- The battery should always be charged after every use no matter how many holes have been completed
- We would advise that the battery is disconnected once it is fully charged as it is not necessary to keep the battery plugged in
- This does not need to be done immediately so do not worry if you are not able to disconnect the battery as soon as it finishes, just as soon as you notice that it is fully charged.
- Do not use timer switches with your charger as they may turn the charger off before the battery is fully charged
- If you have not used your battery for a month or more then we would advise giving it a top up before next use to ensure it has a full charge
- Batteries should not be charged on a carpeted surface, lithium batteries can remain in the battery tray of the trolley whilst charging.
- ** Please see Motocaddy website for full charging advice **
The trolley and charger are covered by a 24 month warranty from the date of purchase. The warranty covers manufacturing defects that occur during normal use. Any breakage caused by accidental damage or as a result of abuse or misuse (as set out in the relevant manual) or commercial use is not covered. Motocaddy batteries are covered by a separate warranty and can be registered online using the Warranty Registration form.
The standard Motocaddy warranty only covers purchases made in the UK and Republic of Ireland and use of the trolley, battery and charger in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you encounter a problem with your trolley, battery or charger within the warranty period, please contact Motocaddy direct on +44 (0)1279 712370 to allow Motocaddy to rectify the problem as soon as possible. In the unlikely event you need to make a claim you must provide your proof of purchase so please ensure this is retained.
If we diagnose that you require a spare part, we will send it to you by first class post with easy to follow fitting instructions. Failing which we will collect, repair (if possible) and return the faulty product (or its replacement) at our cost (in the case of a faulty trolley, this must be in its original packaging). If the fault is not covered by these warranty conditions, you will be liable for the courier and admin charges plus the costs of parts and labour. A repair will normally be carried out but in the unlikely event that the trolley, battery or charger cannot be fixed, a replacement will be given. Any repairs or replacements made without charge do not carry a new warranty beyond that of the original purchase.